The Department of the History of Art and Architecture offers various opportunities for students to apply for financial assistance. Applications are posted at scheduled times during the academic year and are well advertised to students. Many opportunities are made possible by private donations from alumni and supporters, and amounts awarded may vary from year to year. Types of awards and descriptions are below. Applications are reviewed by a departmental, faculty-based committee, and the department administers the funding in partnership with the school's Office of Development. For further information please contact the Director of Undergraduate Studies: Akiko Walley (email@example.com).
- Gloria Tovar Lee Scholarship in Art History
- Amy and Ross Kari Scholarship in Art History
- The Ina McClung Art Scholarship
- The Mr. and Mrs. Eric G. Clarke Scholarship in Oriental Art
Every year the Department of the History of Art & Architecture offers support to undergraduate students for research- or conference-related travels:
- Amy and Ross Kari Travel Grants (for conference travel)
- Alice Wingwall Travel Scholarship in Art History (for research travel)
- Gloria Tovar Lee Scholarship in Art History (for research travel)
Every year the Department of the History of Art & Architecture awards prizes, in the form of books, to the best essay in each of the following three categories:
- Marian C. Donnelly Award in Art History
- Marion Dean Ross Award in Architectural History
- The Ellen Johnston Laing Award in Asian Art
Please follow the link to 2016-17 call for submission: Due Friday, May 12 by 4:30 p.m.
A student may submit one essay per category.
Awards will be announced by the end of May and prizes will be presented at the celebration dinner at the beginning of June.